Getting bored during social distancing? You’re not alone! That's why we created a list of fun and enriching STEAM activities for the whole family to do!
If your kids love science, here are some fun experiments the whole family can take part in!
- One of our favorite experiments as a kid was making oobleck! Oobleck is a non-newtonian fluid made of 2 parts cornstarch and 1 part water. When force is put upon oobleck it acts like a solid, while if you let it sit it acts like a liquid. Not only is it fun to play with, but it is a great teaching moment for your kids!
- If you have an outside space where you can practice social distancing, another fun project to do is make a soda bottle rocket using vinegar and baking soda. There are many great Youtube tutorials and blog posts on how to make one, but here is one we recommend.
- Another fun experiment especially as the weather starts to warm up so to make ice cream in a bag! Here is a fun recipe that’ll keep the kids busy (and get you a yummy treat!).
If your kids are into the Arts, here are some fun activities everyone can do!
- If you and your kids love to draw, enter our dress design competition! Email us your ideas at email@example.com. We will create the designs we love, and send you a gift card along with the dress itself!
- Have your kids create a short skit! They can practice their writing and spelling by writing a script, and then perform the final product for the whole family!
- If your kids love clay modeling or playing with Play-Doh but you are out, here is a great recipe on making home-made Play-Doh! Not only will it be cool for them (and you!) to see how Play-Doh is made, but it’ll last for up to three months for lots of reusable fun!
Stay healthy and safe, svaha family!