Voyager Antique Bronze Cufflinks
"This is a present from a small, distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts and our feelings." - Jimmy Carter, 1977
In 1977, Voyager 1 and 2 blasted off into the vast ocean of space. Carl Sagan and his team placed an ambitious message aboard the spacecrafts. Each contained a golden phonograph with sounds and images selected to portray the diversity of life and culture on Earth, intended for any extraterrestrial life who may find them. Although neither Voyager spacecraft is heading toward any particular star, Voyager 1 will pass within 1.6 light-years' distance of the star Gliese 445, currently in the constellation Camelopardalis, in about 40,000 years.
These antique bronze cufflinks feature the design of the Golden Record. Each pair is mismatched, including both sides of the record. They are s celebration of our humanity and species as a whole. They're a prefect gift for any star gazer!
- One pair of Voyager Antique cufflinks in Bronze finish
- Rhodium plated brass
- Each pair is individually handcrafted and may vary slightly from the image
- They are not 100% waterproof. Please do not immerse in water.
- Anti-tarnish squares included
- Please note: To keep the cufflinks untarnished, they need to be stored in an airtight package or container when not in use.
- Occasionally requires polishing with a soft jewelry polishing dry cloth.
- Made in USA
Note: This product is excluded from any discounts or promotions