These products are custom made and cannot be returned or exchanged.
Decades ago, a scientist tried to manipulate the genes of a particular purple petunia with the goal of making its hue deeper and richer. The experiment failed, however, resulting in petunias that were either mostly or completely white. The phenomenon was then named "cosuppression," and the length of this blurb can’t possibly contain the full history of this experiment and its aftermath, but it eventually led to breakthroughs in the treatment of cancer and HIV through gene therapy. Maybe the petunias were resentful because they were just misunderstood?
What's more, we created this design in collaboration with Alex Dainis of Helicase Media! She has a PhD in genetics from Stanford University, as well as 10 years of experience producing visual and interactive media.
• 82% polyester, 18% spandex
• Fabric weight: 6.78 oz/yd² (230 g/m²), weight may vary by 5%
• UPF 50+
• Fitted design
• Four-way stretch fabric that stretches and recovers on the cross and lengthwise grains
• Comfortable longer body and sleeves
• Flat seam and coverstitch
• Blank product components sourced from China
This product is made especially for you as soon as you place an order, which is why it takes us a bit longer to deliver it to you. Making products on demand instead of in bulk helps reduce overproduction, so thank you for making thoughtful purchasing decisions!